Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Cover Story

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing another new sewing project plan today. This time it’s a couple of covers for my sewing machines. If you called in yestday, you will know I’ve just bought a new overlock machine, I also have a standard sewing machine which I’ve had for a very long time. My standard machine has a cover but it’s a bit utility like and I’m after something a little more attractive. My overlocker also has a cover but it’s quite a flimsy item, which feels it could tear at any moment ! 
To my delight, I came across a pattern produced by Closet Case Patterns while reading their blog. Even better, the pattern is free ! I don’t desperately need a pattern as such, I could easily develop a pattern using both of the covers as a template but it’s rather nice to have something to use as a guide. I’m quite excited by this project but it will have to wait a little while. The pattern is a digital download and our printer has decided to die. So, I’m waiting for a new printer to arrive before I can make my pattern.

             

I’ve been checking my fabric stash and have found some lovely bright, thin striped (yellow/green) lightweight upholstery fabric which will be perfect. I want to relocate the machines to a shelf (on view) near our dining table and like the idea of a splash of colour for the room.
If you are interested in getting the pattern or want to read about the project, check out here.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with more chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment