Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 9 November 2018

Knitting News

Hi Everyone 
I’ve a little knitting News to chat about today. A number of recent projects need to be completed (as usual) ! Generally, I have ends to sew in - lots of socks and a few hats. When it’s all complete, I’ll do a big round up. Also hugely exciting  - I’ve finally sewn in lots and lots of ends in my Andrea Mowrey Cowl. It’s such a lovely knit. I dyed the yarn for this project, so - it’s a bit more special. I’ve yet to block the Cowl but can not resist wearing it today.

                    

You can read more about the Cowl story here (way back in August). The Cowl pattern is by Andrea Mowry and called The Shore Cowl. This cowl is a relatively simple knit but I chose to use a different weight of yarn (from the advised yarn) and I had a few gauge issues. My own dyed yarn  had a bit of a chequered history too. Read the link to get the whole picture. However, I’m thrilled with the outcome, I love the colours and the design is very pretty.

Moving on, my next little bit of knitting news is yet another pair of socks. I’m very busy with gift sock knitting (coming to an end) but the next idea for socks will be for me. I want to make a pair of Fragments Socks by Helen Stewart. This will be my second Fragments socks. I love this pattern and it’s a dream to knit. I’m having trouble deciding on which yarn to use ? I like the combination of all the yarns and will possibly make two pairs of socks rather than one. Here’s a quick look at my first Fragment knit :

                   

My chosen yarns (top photo story) involves three lovely combinations. I think, there will be an option for all three combined in the sock as well as a combination of the two plain yarns. I’ll go into more detail re the yarn when I’ve decided on the combinations.

Thanks for calling in today. 
Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making news.




No comments:

Post a Comment