Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 November 2018

More Zip Pouch Plans

Hi Everyone 
I’m running a Zip Pouch/Notions Pouch Workshop today, very exciting ! These pouches have been very well received and Im hoping our Makers (from today’s workshop) will make up some lovely samples. I’ll take some photos and share over the next few days. Look back here and here for the back story on the Zip/Notions Pouch Project. The pouches for today are the medium size. I’ve made a smaller pouch already (see bottom left image below) and I’m about to make a large bag. The size of the pouch, in this project, is determined by the length of the zip. My large pouch uses a 30 cms. zip, so I will have a bag rather than a pouch.

             

I will use exactly the same basic construction technique for the larger size and my bag will be also be lined. However, the bag will have a definite base and as such will stand up. I will also introduce some little tabs/channels into the side seams of this design. I’m hoping to use the bag for a two strand yarn knitting project. I’m hoping my construction approach will allow me to use the bag to hold two strands of yarn, separating the strands and keeping them apart. My plan is to use a snap closure on the tabs, to place and remove the yarns from the tabs. I’ll feature my bag here on the blog, to share the detail of the design.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment