Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 7 June 2019

New Ursa Sweater

Hi Everyone 
Surprise, surprise - I’ve ripped out my new sweater project. It’s not abandoned but the fabric was not right, so having knitted about half the sweater, it had to go ! I’ve gone back to the drawing board and decide to go down a few needle sizes. My first attempt of the cotton Ursa Sweater by Jacqueline Cieslak started with 6.5mm needles. When I first started, I loved the knitted fabric but quite quickly, I found knitting rather uncomfortable. I had thought, the light, almost lacy fabric would be great for a Summer sweater. However, I love a neat and even knit and the first attempt was anything but neat and even. I found, I was not picking up my knitting and looking for alternatives (I have a few projects on my needles, at all time). So, out it came - last night. 

            

I’m very happy with my new gauge. I’ve gone down to 5.5mm needles, using Rico creative cotton in a lovely French Navy colour. The sizing is a bit of a lottery. I’ve done some Maths and hopefully my figures will work out. I’m confident to give it a go. I’ll keep trying on the sweater as I knit. I’ll know if the sizing is good when I split for the arms, so not too much knitting for the initial fit. If the figures don’t work out, I’ll keep sizing up until they do. I’m in this for the long haul. The new plan feels good and I’m excited to knit on this project again.
I know the boxy, cotton sweater will be great for a Summer layering garment. This idea is motivating me to finish the sweater, soon.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment