Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 14 June 2019

Felting Flowers

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing a little project involving wet felting techniques. I’ve dabbled with making wet felted brooches in the past, many times, but have never quite found my particular ‘thing’. Making wet felted flower brooches has not quite worked for me. I love the look and the idea but don’t feel I can wear them ? I have a statement piece in mind but, I think, I’d like something - contemporary and slightly ‘unreal’. Having said ‘all that’, I’m still not sure about what I want. 
I’ve done a little research and have found examples of wet felted brooches. I’ve taken initial ideas and made a few, very basic sketches - as a staring point. I’ve also developed some wet felted fabric and am hoping to adapt the felt, somehow ? I have an idea to add buttons or beads of some sort, again I’m not sure at this stage ? I have the size and some basic shapes, I love the colours too. All is well.

         

I’m slightly lost at the moment, but I will keep working until I find a way. This is often how it works for me, the creative process often comes with struggles and because of experience, I know that eventually I can make something work or not. The key is to listen to myself, when all hope is lost - I will know. At the moment, I’m hopeful and will work on the project throughout the next few days. I’ll keep the components to hand and within my eyeline. Im confident, I should have something to share in a few days of experimenting.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment