Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 19 June 2019

Ursa #2 Progress

Hi Everyone 
I’ve been working away with my second version of the Ursa Sweater by Jacqueline Cieslak. I’ve already made a wool version, which is lovely. However, it’s much too warm to wear at the moment. Initially, I had some issues with sizing the pattern for the new yarn, a cotton yarn. The cotton is classed as an Arran weight but doesn’t quite work in the way the wool did. I did have a few attempts at sizing before I decided on the final numbers. I think, the size will be fine. My first wool sweater is made using the second size numbers, the cotton version is the largest size - 7 sizes larger and that sounds, unlikely.  I have tried the sweater for size and it worked at the point where I split for the arms. It’s difficult to check beyond the shoulders and arm space. I’m almost finished the body - 6 rows to go ! So, it’s almost time to decide if my new Ursa will work.

                

The fabric of the cotton is great. The definition of the ribbed stitches is very pretty. I love the blue colour and the sweater is quite light.  Im hoping the sweater will work well as a Summer layering garment. I will know later today, if all is working well. 
I’m not totally decided about the sleeve length ? I had thought I wanted long sleeves, however, I’m not sure now. I could go for short sleeves, as the sleeves are now. There’s also an option for 3/4 sleeves. I’ll try on the sweater before deciding. 
Generally, I’m really pleased with my sweater and have enjoyed making the pattern (hopefully) work for me. I’ll let you know how the fitting goes tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment