Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 June 2019

The next new Summer Top.

Hi Everyone 
I have another idea for a new Summer Top. I’m using the same Butterick 5792 pattern, as used for my previous Summer Tops. You can see the previous versions here and here. This time, Im going to add a button back, a small collar and a higher neckline. This is quite a big hack of the pattern Butterick 5792 but I love the fit of this top and I’m very keen to exploit all my ideas.

                 

I have lots of ideas for these Summer Tops and lots of cotton fabric - which is ideal. Most of the fabrics have quirky, colourful prints and are perfect for the job. These tops only need a meter of fabric which is amazing. 
I will develop a new pattern for the latest idea, using the original as a basis for the fit and line of the top. However, there are so many changes, I feel I will benefit from cutting a completely new outline for the pattern. 
I hope, I can make my new pattern today and cut out the fabric. The other Summer Tops have been very quick Makes. I like to use French Seams and will use these again for this top. I’ll also use the bias binding technique for the arm and collar finishes.Using these techniques is time consuming but with it.
The fabric for this top is LITTLE JOHNNY DIGITAL PRINT COTTON FABRIC - CATS. It’s available in a few online shops but my fabric came from 
here, Weaver Dee Fabrics.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment