Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 21 June 2019

Summer Top - Progress

Hi Everyone 
There is progress with the new Summer Top. I’ve called the top Gill - not sure why,  I think, this top design is inspired by me but for some reason - my name was the one which came to mind ! Perhaps, it’s the Peter Pan collar ? I’ve always had a bit of a thing about these collars. I also love the fabric print, both the colours and the design. As I’ve been working with the fabric, I’ve found myself smiling at the cats.

               

I’ve reworked the pattern pieces and added a collar piece. I’ve cut out the pieces and have started to prepare the French Seams. There’s not too much more  to do, in terms of construction. I need to complete the seams and add the collar next. I’ve created a closure on the back of the top and have found some pretty buttons, so there will be button holes to make. The final job will be the hem. I’m hoping, I can wear my top in a few days - so at this point, all is good.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment