Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 20 June 2019

New Summer Top

Hi Everyone 
I’ve eventually made progress with my latest Summer Top. I’ve used the basis of my previous tops (you can see the pattern details here) as a starting point again. The pattern, Butterick 5792 is a very simple nightwear garment and the shape fits my body well so I’m treating it like a body form. There are lots of opportunities for hacking this pattern. For this version, I’ve changed the neckline, the length and the back piece to accommodate my new top - not that recognisable as Butterick 5792 !

                

I have added a Peter Pan collar shape and there will be buttons down the length of the back of the top. These features have made a difference to the overall shape of the pattern, so I’m hoping - I’ve got the details right ! I’ll know how things are working when I start stitching the pieces together. I’m treating this Make as an experiment and am prepared adapt and/or redraft - no pressure here.
I’ve created a different construction approach to this top. I’ll develop the back pieces (previously one piece), add the front followed by the collar. I’m keen to use French Seams as per my previous tops, as well as the bias binding technique for the arm holes. There’s not much more to the top but the proportions need to work. 
I’ll let you know how things go.
Thanks for calling in today.

PS - I was hoping to share the progress of my Ursa#2 (as mentioned yesterday). I’d hoped to have finished knitting the body. However, I’d underestimated the number of rows - I’m nearly there ! I’ve tried the sweater on and it looks good (so far) and I think it’s going to work. Maybe - I’ll have something to show tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment