Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 3 June 2019

Jeans - progress

Hi Everyone 
The jeans are coming together. Read back here for more about the jeans story. I’ve managed to re cut both legs and now have a much better (potential) fit. I have completed an initial fitting and the usual issue with a gaping back - on the waistband, needs to be fixed. However, the general shaping and fit could be OK ? I do want the jeans to be a loose fit. I have skinny jeans which are great but for these jeans I’d like a much more relaxed shape.  I’m using these jeans as a wearable toile and will be perfecting the cut for another pair. 

                
So far, I’ve added the front pockets to my jeans. I’ve used scraps from my latest Summer Top (check out the top here) for the pocket bags. I’m hoping, I can also line the waistband with the same fabric. The mustard yellow works really well with the denim.
I’ve also been practicing my button holes - these jeans (the Morgan jeans by Closet Case) have a button closure rather than a zip, so I have four button holes to perfect. Hopefully, I’ll get my Button placket completed today and then it’s attaching the legs together, followed by the waistband.
Once the jeans are cut to shape (my adapted shape) there’s not too much to go wrong ! - famous last words. It’s definitely the cut which will define the success of the jeans. 
Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment