Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 25 June 2019

New Sewing Project

Hi Everyone 
I’ve started a new sewing project. This time it’s not a Summer Top Design (see yesterday’s post for more on Summer Tops). However, the new project is another top - the Gemma Top from Workshop. This is a lovely, simple blouse with grown on sleeves and a button front.

               
You can check out the pattern here along with all their other designs. I am particularly keen on this range of patterns. I already have one of their dress patterns but love them all.
My fabric for the Gemma blouse is a quirky cotton fabric from my local fabric shop 1st For Fabrics. This fabric has been in my stash for some time and it’s seems perfect for the first of my Gemma tops. I’ve a few other fabrics which I think will also work well. I’ll work out any issues with this version and then make a silk version.
So far, I’ve cut out the fabric (only five pieces), sewn the darts and side seams. I’m hoping I can sew up the remaining pieces this evening. The whole Make seems quite straightforward at the moment. My only question is about how I can finish the seams. I rather like to use French Seams but that’s not an option for the sleeve seams. I think, I need to find a way of including an overlocked seam which does not interfere with the collar. I’ll share my progress with this issue tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment