Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 June 2019

More Sewing News

Hi Everyone 
Over the last few days, I’ve managed to sew a few little tops. I featured the latest Summer Top : Gill on Monday and have worn my top already. As promised on a Monday - here are a few photos of the top in action.

                  
The top is a very comfortable and versatile design. I’m sure, I’ll be able to layer up the top for cooler days but this top is definitely a good top for warmer times. You can read about the details of the top here.

My second Top is the Gemma blouse by Workshop. I introduced this top yesterday - take a look at yesterday’s post for the details. I had started making my top but had stalled around how to finish off the sleeve/collar seams. I am keen to finish off all aspects of my sewing projects, especially the seams. The inside is as important as the outside - for me. I like to incorporate French Seams where I can but on this Make, I hadn’t thought it an option for the sleeve/collar seam. However, I’m now - not so sure. I did struggle with the collar area of the Make and will try out a simple redraft of the neck/sleeve/ collar point. I also had issues with finishing the edges of the front facing. Again, I’ve another idea how I can tackle this part of the Make, next time.
Generally, I love the line of the blouse. My fabric is (possibly) a little stiff ? However, I do feel the blouse benefits from having structure. It’s worth having another go with a slightly softer fabric. This will also give me a chance to redraft the neck area and check out other ways of finishing off the inside of the blouse.
I need to complete the button holes and finish off some aspects of the neck facing. I’ve sourced some buttons (not arrived yet) in both an orange and green colour. I’ll decide which compliments the top when they arrive. So, not much more to do. Here is a quick look at the blouse - as it is :

                    

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment