Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 27 June 2019

Flower ‘to be’

Hi Everyone 
I'm currently experimenting with wet felting ideas. This little project has started as an idea for a stemmed flower. I would like to develop more layers of felt petals incorporating similar colours but slightly different combinations of the colours. I like the delicate look of the fine felt fabric and the solid little balls which will combine in the centre (as a flower head). I’m also in the process of making little stamens at the moment with beaded ends. These stamens will be placed among the balls completing the flower head and central focus for the flower. There’s lots more to do but I’m having a lovely time playing with new ideas for constructing my flowers.

                     

 Ideally, I need a few more flowers to add to my display, I’ll take inspiration from my first flower (when complete). The next stage is to create more layers and find a way of securing the stamens in place. I’m not sure how many petal layers I need but a minimum of three. The first petal layer has a wide organic square shape. I’m planning on this being the centre of the flower. The next layers will start to add more rounded edges to fill out and form the flower head. I hope to present my Make as a contemporary flower, so I have given myself artistic licence to adapt all elements of the experiment. I’ll share the results over the next few weeks.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment