Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 4 June 2019

Jeans - further progress

Hi Everyone 
The jeans project is moving forward at a pace. You can read back for more background on this project here and here. I’ve reached the point where the pieces of fabric look almost like a pair of trousers.

                   

The construction detail of the back pockets and front button fly have gone well. I’m especially pleased with the button fly which is looking great. I haven’t added the buttons yet, but have them ready - along with some lovely rivets. My next job is to sew the front and back inner leg seam, at the moment - I have the legs pinned together. 
Each seam has a regular machine stitch, finished with an overlocker and an additional double row of top stitching - the seam is destined never to part !
My next job is to complete sewing the legs together, followed by the waistband. My only question mark is the fitting of the jeans. I’ve re cut both the front and back legs (from the original pattern pieces). I want a specific fit, loose legs but with an element of comfortable waist ease. I think, there are still adjustments to be made for the centre back. I’ve taken a wedge of fabric out of the centre back but I think, there is more to go. I have fitted the jeans prior to sewing but there will be another fitting today. Depending on the results of the fit, I could be on the last few making days of this project. I have an hour or so each day, so we will see how things turn out.

Thanks for calling in today. Come back tomorrow for another update.


No comments:

Post a Comment