Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 13 June 2019

Ursa #3 Progress Report

Hi Everyone 
I’ve been slowly adding to the Ursa #3 knitting project. This is a great design by Jacqueline Cieslak and my 3rd version of the the pattern. Technically, I will end up with two sweaters but I like to count the 1st version as it was a completed sweater before I ripped out and started again.
Version #3 is knitted in an Arran cotton yarn but it’s a very different knit from the Arran wool sweater. You can see the details of the previous sweater here. I started the cotton version with the same size needles used for the wool version (6.5mm) and found the fabric and the knitting experience poor. Smaller needles (5.5mm) have produced a lovely fabric and I’ve managed to make the sweater fit (so far !). It’s also a much nicer knitting experience.

                 

I’m ready to split for the sleeves and have put the knitting on a long piece of waste yarn to try on the sweater. Initially, I tried to use two circular needles for this  job but couldn’t get the stitches to spread out enough to check the length of the knitting. The advice is to check if the arm holes meet, under the arms. I’m fairly happy that the arms will meet and with the general size and think it’s time to split for the arms and body.
I’m also hoping, I have enough cotton yarn left to complete the  job. I’ve a slight feeling, I will need more.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment