Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 17 June 2019

New Hap Underway

Hi Everyone 
I’ve started a new knit over the weekend. It’s the Traigh Hap by Kate Davies. I mentioned the idea last week read about it here after deciding a previous project didn’t quite work for me. The original project Polkagris Kerchief, again a Kate Davies Pattern. I mentioned that I liked the stripes in the Polkagris and spent lots of time searching for something which I could add stripes. However, I’ve moved on and will use the two colours of the original knit but as contrast sections rather than small stripes. I’m using the beautiful Northumbrian Rose yarn from Fine Fettle Fibres

                

I spent some time swatching for the Hap and am underway. My yarn is not quite as bulky as per the pattern, so - I’ll need to make some changes to the size. I’ll see how it goes and report back.
So far, I’m finding the knit interesting - it’s an usual construction which will take me some time. I’m planning to add a pattern section as per my little photo story (top right) every couple of days. I need to complete 24 such sections, so I’ve quite a bit of knitting to go. This section creates a pretty lace boarder along the length of the Hap. A curved section is then added to form the body of the Hap.
I’ve also got several other knitting projects underway so I’ll need to manage my knitting time carefully. I’ll share my progress here on the blog, it would be lovely to get my Hap made so I can use it over the Summer months.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment