Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 14 November 2019

The Advent Project 2019

Hi Everyone 
A few days ago, I mentioned preparing for my 2019 Advent Project. I’ve been putting some thinking time to my plans and have decided to make a pair of socks this year. I’ve searched my sock stash bin and come up with a number of yarns, including some leftovers from previous projects. Here’s a quick look at the pile of yarn I’ve put together. I won’t need all the yarn in my photo story. I’ve decided to use a pair of recently knitted socks as a guide for how much yarn I need. Several pairs of hand knitted socks have been weighed and each comes out at a different number. The highest number seems to to  72gm. I’ve decided to use this as my guide.

          

My sock design will follow a top down approach, I’ll include a scallop cuff, a heel flap with a simple stocking stitch throughout. I’m going to divide my yarn into little balls of around 2/3 gms - this is very small but great for knitting up every day (and completing). I’m going to develop two balls of the same yarn for consecutive days. This will allow me to knit two very similar socks. I’ll cast on two pairs of socks, each on a separate circular needle and repeat the same exercise on each sock for two days. I guess this takes out a certain degree of surprise every other day but I can live with it.
I will add my little balls to mini paper bags with the number of the day on each bag, I did this last year and it was great, so I’ll repeat the same process.
So, I’ve  got my plan and will get the whole thing organised this weekend. I’ll share some images of my Advent Box when it’s ready to go for 1/12/19.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment