Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 15 November 2019

Earring Experiments

Hi Everyone 
Today’s post is an experiment with earrings. I’ve been developing polymer beads/components and adding enamel to the surface. I’ve had mixed results but those that have worked are great. My plan is to add a silver jump ring to attach both pieces together and a silver post or half hoop for the ear connection. I’ll experiment with both styles of ear attachment and choose the best look for me.

          
I love the colours. The smokey blue and teal colours work so well together.
Small earrings are usually my thing and these are not that small, however I think they will work fine with fine silver elements. I’ll make the silver rings and ear attachments with 0.8mm silver wire. I’ve decided the jump rings should be slightly oval in shape, I’m hoping this will keep the finished items compact and give the bottom bead slightly limited movement. I’ll share the finished items next week. 
Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment