Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Sewing Knickers

Hi Everyone 
I have a new sewing project underway. This time it’s new underwear. I’ve been making my own clothing (including lingerie) for a few years now and I’m slowly working through previously bought, ready to wear stuff. I’m now in need of new underwear, including knickers, on a larger scale.
I’ve previously made several pairs of knickers and they are fine but I’d like to improve the fit of any new knickers. I’m not over keen on big knickers but have a few patterns which do work well for me. I’m now looking for a smaller design with a good fit so have started looking for lots of different styles. My latest find is a free pattern from Love Sewing magazine, you can download the pattern here. This pattern looks great. The instructions are good and the pattern is very simple. I’ll report on how this goes over the next week or so. I also have some lovely new fabric for my knickers, a lovely pale pink polyester Lycra, there is a little stretch but the texture is quite firm. 
Here’s a quick look at the elements of the project :

                 

I have a wonderful box of different types of elastic, lots of colours, sizes and patterns of elastic which can add to my experiments. I have a metre of fabric which will make quite a few pairs of knickers. If all goes well, I’ll purchase a few more colours of the same fabric.
Hopefully, I’ll have something to show by the end of the week.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment