Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 8 November 2019

Silver Sample

Hi Everyone 
Each week, I’m including an example of one of my ongoing Sterling Silver Makes. I’m hoping I can use this prompt to help me organise and plan my work, more efficiently. This weeks Silver Sample is a pair of tiny stud earrings. I have a batch of these earrings underway, each is unique although the scale and type is similar. The sample in my photo story is around 7mm in diameter. I’ve created the Stud part from PMC (precious metal clay) and made various surface marks during the moulding stage which gives the unique design for the earring. I have also hammered and carved some earrings after the firing stage to provide more surface patterns.
I like to wear small earrings for everyday wear, so am keen to keep going with this design. 

               

I have given my sample Studs a slightly distressed surface and will keep this pair for myself. I need to add the posts and give a final polish and then, they are ready to wear. Hopefully, there will be some earrings left to sell ! 

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. 
I’ll be back on Monday with more Making projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment