Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 11 November 2019

Gift Knitting

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing progress with the last item in this years gift knitting list. I don’t knit many Christmas gifts (usually socks) and I tend to start around October. Each year several people have requested to join the list and after consideration, I decide if they are knitworthy or not. So, my photo story is showing the last pair of socks. I don’t have a pattern as such, it’s several bits of various patterns that have worked for me over the years. I’m using stash yarn, stuff left over from previous socks. All my yarns are West Yorkshire Spinners sock yarn in solid colours. I’m not sure of the names of the colours but they are all in shades of blue and green. The toe and cuff will be blue, the body of the sock is green and the heel a bright teal shade.

             

I’m using a rib pattern for the leg and top of the foot, I find this help with the final fit. These socks are large, size 12 feet ! and the rib helps give a lovely snug fit over the foot while coping well with the very long length of the foot. I’m hoping this pair off socks will be finished by the end of the week.
My next knitting thoughts are all about planning this years Advent Knit. Over the years, I’ve tried lots of different ideas. This year, I’m going to knit socks. I’ll have mini balls of yarn each day (to open) and simply knit whatever comes out, that day. I’ll seek out leftover sock yarn in my stash and choose colours which work together. Generally, 60- 64gm yarn is about the weight of yarn I need to make a pair of socks for me. I will chat about the detail in a week or so, just before December arrives.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment