Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 19 November 2019

Knit Project News

Hi Everyone 
I have a new knit project in the planning. This is a pair of knitted socks/slippers. The pattern is from a lovely little book ‘Cosy Alpaca Knits’ by Jem Weston. The pattern calls the items slipper socks, although the socks are knitted they have a leather like sole which make them hardwearing for use around the house. The book gives a reference to buy the soles, I’ll be making my own from some leather offcuts (already in my stash).

            

I especially like the little tassels which embellish the top of the slipper socks. I love the colour combination in the book and will probably go for similar colours. The slipper socks use a single skein of yarn as well as the contrast yarn used for the tassels.
I’m going to raid my stash for suitable yarns, I’m hoping I can find exactly the right colours. I’ll share my final choices in a few days. 

I have a few knitting projects currently underway, there’s my final pair of Christmas gift socks to complete (almost there) as well as my Woodbine Sweater. You can read about my Woodbine Sweater progress here. The sweater has been waiting for a week or so, until my sock gift knitting has been completed. However, I’ve run out of yarn for the socks (needed to order a new ball) so have added a few rows to the final arm of my sweater. I’m almost there and it’s looking great.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment