Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 November 2019

The Woodbine Sweater

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing an update on my current sweater knit today, the Woodbine Sweater by Fiona Alice. You can read all about the progress of the project here ,here and here.
 I’ve developed the main body of the sweater and have almost completed one sleeve. The sweater is a good fit. There’s plenty of positive ease and it’s just the right length. I wanted a short, boxy shape which is slightly different from the original pattern by Fiona Alice. I’ve also changed the sleeves, I have made a plain stocking stitch design rather than the lace version in the original. I liked the look of the lace combination but felt I would prefer a plain sleeve for my own particular look. You can see the original version here on Ravelry.

        

The various sections of the sweater have come together beautifully and I’m definitely feeling, I’m on the last stages of the knit. The right sleeve is almost done and I’m pleased with how the sleeves are working out. I’ve changed the rate at which the sleeve is decreasing from the shoulder, the sleeves feel good - plenty of room for layering. My next dilemma is to decide how to finish the cuff - do I go for a rib as per the pattern or continue with a slight roll of stocking stitch ? I’ll wait and see how things look when both sleeves are completed.
I love my sweater and am keen to complete the sleeves, then there’s only the neckline to knit. I’m especially pleased with the fact that I have made and/or dyed all the yarn for this project. The idea was quite overwhelming, initially, but it’s given me lots of ideas of how a I can integrate my hand spun into larger projects. Very pleasing !

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment