Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 18 November 2019

PolyGem Ring Sample

Hi Everyone 
I’ve been experimenting with making polymer clay stones and enamelling techniques, you can see my original post about the subject here. I’m quite happy with the first completed ring. The polymer stone is quite large and seems to sit well in the sterling silver ring. I have a number of other stones, ready for several more rings so will continue with the experiments.

                  

The idea for this first project was to understand the specific dimensions of the stones. I wanted the stones to be quite large but also needed them to be appropriately proportioned. Having completed the first stones, I think, the next few samples need to be several millimetres thinner. I’d like the silver to envelope more of the stone. 
My next stones will be thinner and hopefully covered in more silver. I’m hoping to make more progress with this project later in the week. I’ll save my results until I have a few more rings to share.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment