Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 13 November 2019

New Shawl

Hi Everyone 
I have a new knitted shawl project on my to do list. I’ll probably cast on the shawl later today. I already have have several projects ‘on the go’, however, I’m very keen to get going. This project is part of the 2019 Knitvent from Helen Stewart. The idea is to receive six different knitting patterns over the next couple of months, towards Christmas. Knitvent is an annual thing and each year there is a theme connected to the idea. This year the theme is ‘home’. You can read about Helens Knitvent here along with her other news.

               

I’m using Dovestone natural chunky yarn in shade 3. I’ve chosen to knit the medium size, however, I’m tempted to knit the larger one each time I look at the pattern. I know the shawl will be very cosy and it feels as if I need to go for larger size ? If I do, I will need to acquire another ball of wool, I’m hoping there’s one left in my local yarn shop ? - I know there was only one left in my chosen shade. 
I have a sweater in this yarn and it’s lovely so I know the shawl will be squishy and luxurious. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment