Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 12 November 2019

Silver Sample

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing the Silver Sample for this week. This time it’s a few pairs of ‘button’ stud earrings under construction. 

              

A version of these earrings has a regular place in my workshop. This time, I’ve made the stud buttons from Precious Metal Clay (PMC). I use all kinds of  silver for the stud part of the earrings (as a regular Make) but these particular pieces of fired silver clay are leftover bits from previous jewellery projects  and I’ve been able to hammer, shape and file the leftover pieces into something which is perfect for stud earrings. 
My next job is to solder the posts in place, I’ll also tumble the finished earrings which gives a lovely shine to the stud part. My favourite (from the sample in my photo story) are the studs in the centre. These studs have been domed and shaped; I think, I’d like to keep them for myself.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment