Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 4 November 2019

Spinning Update

Hi Everyone 
I’m back from a lovely week in North Yorkshire, I could do with another ! However, such as life ! There was lots of sitting around time so I was able to knit several pairs of socks and mittens. Weather was good and we walked about and ate lots of very nice meals. Generally, I had a great time.
This week, I’m concentrating on planning to complete all my current unfinished projects. There are quite a few. I’m hoping to clear out lots of rubbish and will hopefully come across all the unfinished projects. Some will probably be abandoned but there are sewing projects and knitting project which I know I would like to complete. Hopefully, I can make a list which will be scheduled ! Wish me luck.
Other news; over the last month or so, I’ve been trying to practice my spinning skills each day. Just a short session but it’s certainly helping to improve the quality of the yarn I’m producing. I want to keep going with this practice so will need to make time each day alongside the unfinished list. Here is a quick look at the latest spin progress. It’s just a small amount of yarn to add to a yolk pattern for a cardigan. I’m not there yet but you can see the first bobbin load, transferred to my niddy noddy.

             
The knit project is a cardigan, the pattern is the Epistrophy by Kate  Davies. You can see the pattern on the yolk section of the garment. This will be knitted in my me spun yarn, the rest will be Baa Ram Yew Dovestone (now replaced by Winterburn) in a dark grey colour. I’ve been thinking about knitting this garment for a long time and am excited to use my own yarn for part of the project.
My yarn is in a lovely bright green shade called Lichen, the fibre is Perendale. The fibre produces a tough yarn, with a similar feel to Shetland. I’m hoping the yarn will soften, a little, after soaking. There will be more about this project over the next few weeks.

That’s about all my news for today. Thanks for calling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment