Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 November 2019

More Sock Knitting

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m starting my final gift sock for this year. I don’t knit lots of Christmas gifts, there are very few knitworthy folk on my list ! This time, I’m going for a series of green coloured yarn from West Yorkshire Spinners, I’m not sure of the colours ? - all the yarns have been used for previous projects so, I’m using up my leftovers (always satisfying). 
My plan is to knit a simple rib sock with a heel flap. I’ll use each of the colours for the rib, the main body of the sock, the heel and the toe. I like the combination of these colours and the finished socks will be just right for the recipient.
Here’s a quick look at the yarns :

          

I’m hoping I can complete my socks over the next week or so. However, they are the largest socks I ever knit - size 12 feet ! The foot part seems to go on forever. I’ll share the final items when they are finished.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment