Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 28 November 2019

Crochet Tales

Hi Everyone 
I have a little crochet project underway, just started yesterday. I had some yarn leftover from a recent sweater knit, it’s a lovely navy blue colour and perfect for my new crochet cowl.

              

The Fennel Cowl by Emma Mitchell is a very pretty pattern and relatively simple. There are only 14 rounds of crochet, I’ve completed 5 rounds, so far and all seems to be going well. I’m holding my memade yarn, spun and dyed from a mix of fibres together with a fine strand of mohair. This mix of yarns gives the crocheted fabric a lovely soft feel with a pretty fine halo. Very satisfying.
My plan was to find a small project to use up my yarn and this certainly fits the bill. I’m hoping I will get the job done quite quickly and that there will be enough yarn to finish the job !  I think, the cowl will look great with my newly completed  Willowburn sweater - check out the sweater here. The sweater has worked well and will look great with the cowl. I’ll get an image of both items together - when the time comes !

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment