Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 21 November 2019

More Knitting Chat

Hi Everyone 
For the past week or so, I’ve been heavily into house decorating. This is not my favourite activity ie the actual painting but needs must. The whole process is long overdue and something which should have been done, years ago. However, things are getting done now ! Each day, I have a couple of hours dedicated to the job. As part of the the new decoration process, I’m planning new colours and lots of new soft furnishing ideas. This element of the job is more me.
I’m going from blues, pinks and little bits of green to grey, white and possibly touches of red, green and a mix of Autumn type colours. It’s all a bit fluid at the moment. I’m also trying to introduce different textures into my main living space, so there are different fabrics as well as knitted items, leather and wood. I’m not there yet but it’s all coming together. 
One of the new things which I’d like to add to my sofa is a knitted cushion or maybe two of them ? The images in my photo story show the pattern I have in mind. This pattern is called Tassel Pillow and comes from a little book called Cosy Alpaca Knits by Jem Weston. I won’t be using Alpaca yarn but I will probably use some similar colours to those in the sample.

                    

I have lots of yarn in my stash and will be checking there for suitable colours. The cushions needs to join the knitting queue ! I have quite a few projects already underway. I’m not sure when I can start it ? However, I’m keen to have the finished cushion so may start quite soon. I’ll share my process as usual.

Thanks for calling in today.







No comments:

Post a Comment