Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 6 January 2017

Doughnut Bead Experiments

Hi Everyone
I had a lovely day yesterday, preparing some new ideas for a number of Making Workshops and the development of Making Kits. Both the workshops and kits are building on an old idea of the Doughnut Bead but I wanted to experiment with new applications. I've made a few necklaces and bracelets as well as using the same bead (slightly smaller) on silver hoop earrings, which works well too.
Here is a quick look at a couple of the bracelets :

                         

The bracelets above are using beads made from five different colours of polymer clay - navy, brown, red, translucent and black.  All of the beads are colour mixed in some way, some have a tiny mix of colours - if colours are used directly from the manufactured mix, they tend to be very flat so I make a point of always (almost) mixing. Others are mixing equal amounts of colour giving a marbled combination to the bead.
The bracelets are threaded using wax cotton and the clasps are magnetic. I've used five strands for one bracelets and two for another. The bracelets with two strands will get an additional two strands of very small beads in contrasting colours - red and navy (I think ). I'm hoping this will work to give an interesting dimension to the finished bracelet.

I'll share the results of my experiments with earrings and necklaces next week.
Have a great weekend.
Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment