Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Making Beads

Hi Everyone
It's the first Making workshop of 2017 today. We will be making polymer beads in the shape of doughnuts. The beads will be threaded onto a coloured wax cotton strap and look great.

                               

There are three colour ways for the wax cotton - blue, green and brown which will influence the colour of the beads. Each bead will have a surface pattern, highlighted by a layer of contrasting acrylic paint. The beads will be buffed to a shine and threaded for colour impact.
There will also be a choice of fastening options. I love the magnetic clasp idea but there's always a slight concern (for me) that the bracelet can fall off. I'm working on a safety chain idea to help with this issue. I also have a lobster clasp option for the fastening as well as simple hook. Makers can make their own choice on this one.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the Makers develop their beads and complete their bracelets. I'll share the results over the next few days.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment