Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 24 March 2017

Finished Object

Hi Everyone
I'm so happy to be sharing my latest finished object ie the knitting item I've had on my needles for a very short time. It's been such a pleasure to knit this pattern. I shared my early progress here where I give the background to the Belsyde shawl pattern. I can't quite believe how quick this has knit up. I think, I'm quite a slow knitter but this shawl was so VERY quick to appear. I followed the stitch pattern (mostly) but used a range of colour blocks along the whole length. Look back to my previous link for images of the original colour scheme.

            

The colours (left side) look slightly odd in my photo story because of poor lighting - the right hand images are more of a true colour. As you can see, I'm in the process of blocking and it's looking lovely already. I'm hoping it will be ready to wear soon. I'll get some better photos when it's dry and draping around my shoulders.
The yarn is Dovestone DK in three colours -  BrassBand,Viking and Aire. I love the combination and the stitch patterns look subtle and interesting. This yarn features heavily in almost all my recent knitted garments. I have lots left so can see another item appearing, I just need to find the right pattern. My stash has more colours too, I'm thinking about some colour work. There are a number of options in my head already.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment