Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 5 June 2018

Appliqué #3

Hi Everyone 
Yesterday proved to be a difficult day for getting things done !  I had lots of chores to complete and not much time for my appliqué #3 Project, consequently there’s not much to show for my efforts.

                       

I did manage to add a little bit of embroidery to my cake (see bottom right photo). I’ve added some outline stitching to the cake and started to embellish the top banner. I’ve also done a little thinking about what Id like to add to my patch - see my list on the left hand box in my picture. I’ve probably got too many extra bits and pieces but I’ll keep going with the embroidery and decide what to leave out when I’m finished. I think, this patch needs to be less busy and allow the Happy Birthday message to be the stand out thing.
I mentioned yesterday, my concerns re the edge finishing and have (hopefully) organised the patch to make sure I can nearly finish the piece. I have drawn a pencil line (just visible on the bottom right photo) to show where the final cut will be. I’m planning to fuse the back with iron on fabric which will give me a sealed edge. I’m probably going to continue the simple binding stitch, currently at the top of the banner, around all edges.
Let’s hope I can make more progress today.

Thanks for calling in.


No comments:

Post a Comment