Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 15 June 2018

Fibre Friday (15/6/18)

Hi Everyone 
I have another low production week re my fibre projects. I’ve been knitting most evenings with a few projects but not much to show. I have  a new pair of socks to share, the Astrantia socks by Helen Stewart. This pattern is the third in her Sock Society for 2018.

                         

These socks are great to knit. They have a little lace flower pattern going on in the leg, bobbles around the cuff with a German Short Row Heel. I’m well into the foot part of the first sock. I’m using WYS Signature 4 ply, not sure if the name of the colour but it’s a vibrant turquoise. I’m happy with my choice. I did consider dying some yarn for the job but failed to get it organised in time.

Last week, I talked about a new sweater project - the Bright Sweater by Junko Okamoto. Sadly, I’ve pulled out the whole thing and need to start again ! Although the pattern was going well, the sweater was much too small. I thought, I had gauge but I was way off ! After lots of re testing and using a few different needle options. I’m going with a couple of larger sized needles. I need to acquire one of the needles so I’m delayed in starting again. Hopefully, I’ll get started over the weekend.

My other fibre interest is a dye project (in preparation for a mystery crochet along) read back yesterday’s blog for more. I dyed the yarn this morning and it’s turned out as I planned, mostly.

             

This image was the yarn straight from the dye pan, still wet. As the yarn has dried it’s lightened, a little. Initially, I thought the orange/mustard colours didn’t quite work. However, all the colours find their way into the larger, main hank (far right). It’s not obvious from my photo but the brighter orange-like colour does feature in the larger hank and the combination is growing on me. The dark blue (far left) is a good semi solid and and I love the shade of blue. The second yarn from the left has been dyed with a grey/neutral in a broad stripe, again I really like this one. I’ve rewound the hanks and after drying the combination is lovely. The third from the left is another semi solid, in the bright orange colour. It’s slightly varied which gives it depth. The fourth from the left is a two tone darker grey and again, after drying - I love the effect. The large hank on the right is a combination of all the shades and colour tones. I’ve hand painted this 100gm hank in a random design. I particularly like the final effect. As with all the colours, they have lightened and blend well together. I’ve got high hopes for my shawl.

That’s about it for my fibre projects this week. Have a great weekend.
Thanks for calling in today, I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment