Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 21 June 2018

Kumihimo Revisited

Hi Everyone 
I’m preparing for another Making Workshop session today. We are making Kumihimo bracelets/necklaces. We’ve made these things before but a few of our members have requested we make more. I’m hoping I can come up with a kit recipe which can be personalised on the day. My plan is to provide all the basics ie threading (various thicknesses and colours), a variety of beads , glue, findings and possibly small charms. The idea is to choose each element of the design and prepare for making. Most of our Makers have the Kumihimo discs and are familiar with the technique, however, I’ll be going over the detail as a reminder and will include a short ‘tips’ note in the kit. Here’s a look at the selection of Kumihimo style braiding we have produced in the past.

                               

Hopefully, we will come up with some new and interesting designs when we meet next week. I’ll be developing a new design for myself and will share when I have it.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment