Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 8 June 2018

Fibre Friday (8/6/18)

Hi Everyone 
Fibre Friday is a little thin on finished items today but I have made good progress on my latest Miss Mitchell Socks. Last week, I mentioned plans for a corrugated rib at the top of the sock. I needed to work a couple of versions to get the pattern and colours the way I liked them. Thankfully, I think, I’m there with the latest version.

               

The second sock is almost complete with only the heel to add. I had thought about knitting both socks at the same time but wanted to check out my written pattern instructions by using it to complete the second sock. All seems to be well with the pattern. The timing is perfect. My next sock project, the latest sock pattern in the Helen Stewart Sock Society series, has just been released. It’s called Astrantia. This time, the pattern is quite a plain sock with a few very pretty flower motifs  on the leg part of the sock. I’ve not identified any yarn for the socks yet. I will have a good look in my stash today but I’m considering dying some yarn for the job. I quite like the idea of a light, variegated green and I’m not sure I’ve anything like that in my stash.

My other knitting story for today is all about an old knit from two years ago. It’s a pattern by Erica Knight.

                   
These images are not my version. I can dream ! My Positano has a very dodgy neckline. I need to undo the whole neck area and rework it. Hopefully, this should be a straightforward task. I’m prioritising this job this week, I’d like to start wearing the top.

I’ve also got a little bit of crochet news today. I’ve joined a mystery crochet-along ! I’ve been here before and it was not a huge success ! Long term visitors to the blog may remember my poor efforts with a  Christmas mystery crochet project ! Moving on ..... I’m not very confident I can make a good job of it. However, I’m keen to try and push myself.

            

Hopefully, by next Friday I will have my yarn and will be ready to go.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment