Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Appliqué Greetings Cards

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my three completed greetings cards today. Read back a few days to see the development of these samples. This card project forms the basis of a local Making Workshop taking place later today and have worked out well. Each card has taken the Appliqué technique as the main element for building the card.. I’ve used both freehand cutting and die cutting to develop the embellishments. 
The right hand sample uses a sizzix die to cut the cake and the striped banner but the other two samples are simple freehand cut shapes. I did sketch out a little shape for guidance but the size of the card dictated how large the embellishment elements would be.

                         
All fabric shapes have been given a layer or Bondaweb (a fusible iron-on material) this makes sewing the fabric shapes in place, much easier. The fused shapes stay where they need to be and allow embroidery to enhance the design rather than adhering the fabric. I’ve added buttons and beads in a limited way but paid attention to finishing details. I think a simple approach for this project is a good one. I like to add something to the back of a hand made card so have taken inspiration from colours/style to add a tiny point of interest on the back of each card.

Hopefully, my workshop Makers will, be inspired to make cards of their own.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment