Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 18 June 2018

Crochet Experiment

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing the results of  a little crochet experiment today. It’s an exciting Make - a new dishcloth ! I love having handmade dishcloths and am seriously low on my supply. I usually have 3 or 4 in use at any time. The cloths don’t last too long because I wash them in the washing machine, often and they tend to break down quite quickly. I do have a pattern (Waffle Cloth by Chip Flory) but I’ve gone way off the pattern after the first line. I was trying quite hard to keep to my stitch count across the rows but I’ve failed miserably ! For some reason, I miss stitches - usually in the beginning phase. This pattern has a lovely waffle texture, very pleasing to produce (when you get it right).

              

I’m going to make a few more cloths this week in an attempt to follow the pattern exactly. This is practice preparation for my upcoming crochet along project (mentioned on Friday). I’m quite excited about the new project but slightly apprehensive about my abilities. It’s something I need to conquer, so I’m determined to make a decent job of it.

I like the way my dishcloth turned out but will go for a true Waffle pattern next.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment