Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 1 June 2018

Fibre Friday (1/6/18)

Hi Everyone 
It’s Friday again and an update on my fibre news for this week. I’ve added a new sweater to my knitting projects. I started a few days ago with the Bright Sweater by Junko Okamoto. I’m using Cascade 220 (been in my stash for sometime !) and it’s turning out rather nice. The presentation style of Junko Okamoto is interesting and rather daunting at the same time. However, I’ve spoken to a friend with experience of knitting this sweater and she has advised to just go with it. So, I’m simply following the pattern, as written. I got gauge with a slightly larger needle size then suggested and will check the detailed measurements given for each section and alter accordingly. So far, it’s going well. I’m really enjoying the lovely textured yolk that’s developing.

                      

My other knitting this week is my new Miss Mitchell Socks, this will be a variation on the usual (very plain) toe up with an afterthought heel and added cuff. The cuff will be a corrugated rib using a plain purple yarn for contrast with contrast heels. This yarn is King Cole ZigZag in Emberglow colourway. The stripes are lovely with lots of vibrant colours, just my sort of sock. My choice for the heels etc is Triskelion Sock Yarn, Ellen Sock in Old Mogul colourway. You can just see the purple in my little photo story (bottom right). I’m well on the way to completing the plain part part of the first sock and am looking forward to developing the corrugated rib - perhaps today.

That’s it for fibre stuff this week. However, I did mention, yesterday, that I would share my appliqué #2 progress today. It’s not quite finished but you get the idea.

                     

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks for calling in today.





No comments:

Post a Comment