Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 4 June 2018

Appliqué Work Continues

Hi Everyone 
I’m still working on the appliqué stuff for my Stitched Story Project again this week. Read back on the block if you would like to read more about about this project. The piece from Friday’s blog is finished and I’m pleased with the results.

                  

I’ve added some pretty ribbon to the bottom, mainly as my embroidery work was far too close to the edge for any other solution ! However, it seems to have been a good opportunity to make a feature of the red hearts and I think it works well with the other features on the patch.

I’m now, underway with #3 appliqué patch. This one will be a sample for a forthcoming workshop and will turn into a greetings card. The images are perfect for a birthday card. I’m not sure how this one will work yet ? I’ll spend some time sketching out a few ideas and go with it. At the moment I’m using a couple of simple shapes from last weeks shape cutting experiments.

                        

                                                                                     
As with the previous appliqué patch, I’ve used bondaweb fabric to stick the die cut fabric pieces to the backing material. My initial thought is to embroider a large Happy Birthday across the patch and decorate the cake with stitches and beads. I’d also like to add to the banner at the top, not sure how yet ? Hopefully, inspiration will take over.
My main aim is to consider the edge on the one. Previous examples have made me realise how much space I need around any embroidery motif.  I want to adhere the completed patch to a paper card, so no room for making heavy backing layers to hide fraying edges ! My plan, at the moment, is to back the completed piece with iron on facing fabric to seal the edges and stick the patch onto my prepared card with double sided tape.
I’ll be back tomorrow, hopefully with my card completed and any tips to share.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment