Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 June 2018

Greetings Card

Hi Everyone 
At last, I have my Happy Birthday card. The appliqué #3 Patch has been completed (read back on the blog for more on this project) and attached to a card blank. I still need to develop a little something for the reverse of the card. At the moment, I’m going for a few words (possibly - have a great day ?) on a similar style square patch. The reverse patch will be much smaller but use similar stitches/colours and follow a similar style.

                     


I’ve added an iron on fabric (interlining) layer to the embroidered patch to give a little more stability as well as keep the threads in one place. As I mentioned a few days ago, I’ve attached the the patch to the card blank with double sided tape. I’ll finish the back mini patch later today and my appliqué #3 Project will be complete. My only issue is that the base fabric on my patch is a little creased. I have a very small quilting iron which will help me with this problem.
I had thought that appliqué #3 would be the end of the appliqué series. However, I’ve an idea for another appliqué patch. The new one will be a much quicker make (I hope). The appliqué #4 will use a machine stitch as well as some hand stitching and should be more of a batch style option for making greetings cards. I’ll share my results next week.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with Fibre Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment