Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 June 2018

More Appliqué #3

Hi Everyone 
Appliqué #3 continues ! I did manage to complete most of the patch decoration yesterday. However, I decided the top Half Blanket Stitch needed to go before I could add the iron on backing. I wouldn’t be able to give the latch a clean cut around the edges as the base fabric would be visible or so would cut the stitches. So, that’s taken out. I will add the fusible backing to the whole patch and re do the complete border (all four sides) using the same Half Blanket stitch. I think this will give a pretty finish to the edges before sticking onto my card. Read back a few blogs to get the whole story of this appliqué patch.

               

I added the happy birthday sentiment as well as some little button streamers. The cake acquired a decorative embroidered band and some French Knots to simulate cake sprinkles. I also added a tiny metal heart bead, just after the you word (difficult to identify the shape in my photo).
 Generally, I’m happy with the job so far. Hopefully, I can find a little time to complete my card today. I’m wondering what I can add to the back of the card as extra decoration ? I’ll come up with something as I go about my day and let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment