Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 14 June 2018

Dye Job

Hi Everyone 
I’m really looking forward to today’s Making job. It’s the first time for quite some time that I’m dying up some yarn. I love to do this. This time, the finished coloured yarns are for a specific project. The project is a mystery crochet along, organised by Eden Cottage Yarns. They did offer yarn for preorder but I missed the chance to order (both opportunities). So, I decided I would dye my own. I’ve also joined the Facebook Group  (check it out here) supporting the project. I’m hoping members of the group can give me lots of support when I need it ! I am able to crochet all the stitches as individual techniques but add in a pattern and anything can happen !

                  
The project calls for a 100gm and 4x 20gms hanks of yarn. I’ve split a second hank into 25gm hanks. My colours will be dark blue, mustard and greys for the smaller hanks and the 100gm hank will be a variegated combination of the same colours with speckles. That’s my initial plan. This may change as I develop my colours and paint the yarn. I do like to start with a plan (in all of my making projects) but I’m not restrained by it. I like to go with my instinct ! Wish me luck.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment