Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 3 August 2018

Fibre Friday (3/8/18)

Hi Everyone 
Today, I have a complete disaster to report ! 

                    

I thought I’d finished my lovely new Cowl. However, lots of mistakes and the only thing to do was to rip it out. The Shift Cowl by Andrea Mowry is such a lovely pattern. I really enjoyed knitting this item. I also love the yarn, dyed by me for another project but it’s perfect for the Cowl. I’ve already started again, so ....... all is well. 
There were two main issues with version 1, both upper side edges need to be the same (they seam together to form the link for the completed Cowl) and the left edge was much too short. Somewhere, I’d not added the correct increases ? I still don’t know how this happened. The other issue was that the Cowl was not wide enough, almost 6 ins short. No amount of blocking could help with that ! I pondered adding a new section but in the end decided, the Cowl needed to be as per the pattern and the only option was to rip it out and start again.
I’ve ripped out the knitting and I’m into re knitting section 2 of 7, so I’m hopeful I can make the Cowl work this time. I’ve also gone up needles, a two size increase. The yarn is a merino singles and possibly too lighter a weight (as per the pattern). I did swatch for this knit but obviously something went  wrong. The original version 1 only took me a few days to knit and I’m keen to enjoy knitting the Cowl again. I will be measuring and checking stitches often !!

Thanks for calling in today.
Have a great weekend, I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment