Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 21 March 2019

EYF Visit

Hi Everyone
I’m very excited about my plans for today. I’m off to Edinburgh Yarn Festival. I didn’t go to the festival last year (my choice) and regretted the decision. I started thinking about this years trip to Edinburgh (in detail) a couple of weeks ago, although the plan has been in the diary for about 6 months. We will set off reasonably early from home (Edinburgh is about 2 hours away). Lunch is planned en route and we hope to arrive when the marketplace opens around 1pm.
I like to make a list of things to ‘look out for’. The marketplace can be quite overwhelming. There’s so much to see and most of it, is amazing. The vendors put so much effort into presenting their stuff in creative displays, it’s just an amazing sight. I find the whole experience both wonderful but difficult to deal with at the same time. Here’s a quick look at my list :



I’ve never been on a Thursday before (the opening day) so this will be new for me. I have my list of special things to check. These things are bits and pieces which I would like to find and buy. I’m under no illusion that the list will change and develop ! However, it’s a start and gives me little tasks to focus my journey around the event. I will probably tour around the marketplace twice. The first time I’m just taking in everything and the noting things to look at again. The second tour will be to purchase my chosen things. It’s all sound simple ! 
I’ll share my ‘small’ haul and some of the highlights from my day, tomorrow. I’m so looking forward to my day, very exciting,

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment