Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 18 March 2019

Frame Purse Project

Hi Everyone
I’m sharing another little project today. This time, I’m experimenting with printing on fabric. The idea is to develop some interesting fabric to make a small frame purse. My initial experiments have been with paper, paint, inks and stamps. The plan was to come up with ideas on paper and then try and replicate on fabric. After a few abandoned experiments, I settled on developing a Travelling themed piece, based on all bings blue (my default colour for everything !)

My plan is to produce two pieces, similar in content, to make up my final purse design. I’m going with the length of the artwork (as it appears in my photo story) rather than cutting into the fabric. I quite like the idea of a longer purse/mini bag. I estimate, the length of the purse/bag will be about 18-20cms long.
My purse/bag shape will be inspired by a pattern produced by Lisa Lam from U-hand blog (you can see the link to this blog at the top of my photostory below). I’ve used Lisa’s idea but adapted the shape to accommodate my purse frames and produced a new pattern.



I’ll share the finished purse/bag when I’ve completed the project. I’m also thinking about adding some embroidery to my piece. I quite like the idea of adding themed embellishments to my purse/bag. I need to raid my stash and see what I’ve got. The completed purse/bag will have a lining and maybe a little charm ? I may have my completed purse/bag in a week or so.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment