Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 22 March 2019

EYF Round Up

Hi Everyone 
It’s the day after my EYF visit of 2019 and I’m sharing my haul. I didn’t think I’d bought very much at all but looking at my photo story, there’s quite a pile. It’s small but very pleasing. I’ve only bought stuff which I have already identified for designated projects, although there’s always the option to adapt and change plans !

             

I’m also sharing progress with my garment knitting project, the St Catherine Cardigan by Kate Davies. Let’s start with the cardigan. I’ve knitted most of the body part, there’s an extra bit for the lower back - giving length to the cardigan. I hadn’t quite realised this extra section would happen and it’s quite a relief. I was thinking I’d made a big mistake somewhere ? The construction is amazing. Each part of the pattern deals with a specific area of the cardigan and all sections are knitted to each other. Quite satisfying. My only concern is that I’ve gone wrong with the arms. I may have made the armholes rather snug. I know how I could alter this (quite a bit of ripping back) but I’ve decided to complete one arm before deciding. I’m enjoying this project and am looking forward to completing my cardigan. I’m thinking of a second St Catherine already.

Getting back to EYF, I had a lovely day. Here’s a quick run down of the day. The weather was good yesterday and the journey, very pretty. We had an early lunch on the way, again a lovely experience. No queue at The Corn Exchange , so straight in the door. Parking went reasonably well too, minor miracle as there is not designated parking as such. I had my list (see yesterday’s blog for the details). I managed to find sock yarn, there was so many options and in the end, I decided on some interesting stuff rather than pretty colours. I saw some brilliant ideas for lots of colour combinations and am inspired to dye some up myself. Buttons were also on the list, I wanted some buttons for sewing projects and found exactly what I needed. I also wanted ideas for a knitted shawl and perhaps some yarn for the job. I didn’t find anything in particular yesterday but looking through the Wool : press newspaper quite (free on the day) there’s a lovely crochet shawl, which I’m very taken with. It’s a crochet shawl which will challenge my skills but I’m still quite keen. I need to find some yarn in my stash for this job.


No comments:

Post a Comment