Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 March 2019

More Pyjamas

Hi Everyone 
If you are a regular reader of the blog, you will know how much I love my (recent) handmade pyjamas. You can see the first pyjamas under construction here. However, I need more pyjamas- several more sets of pyjamas. So, I’m starting my second pair.

                     
The fabric for this second set is quite similar to the first set. I’ve gone for another small flower print, in a very similar colour. The latest fabric is not quite as soft as the first but I’m hoping it will soften after washing.
I had thought, I would go for a nightdress option for the second nightwear garment but I love the pyjamas so much that I want another pair. There will be more sets, I need to replace all my current nightwear. Most of it, is years old and rather shabby.
I need to wash my new fabric this morning and will cut out the fabric pieces, as soon as it’s dry. I will make exactly the same design and will follow all my previous steps. I feel more confident about what I’m doing with this pattern, so I’m hoping I won’t make any mistakes this time. I had a hard time with the bias binding on the neckline, last time. For some reason, the narrow binding struggled with encasing the tight neck ruffles. However, I understand the finish I need, so the technique required makes more sense to me. I do need my new pyjamas as soon as possible ! I don’t want to wear the old stuff anymore. However, I can’t quite cope with only the one pair of pyjamas, so I’ll have to put up with them, for a short time.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with more Making news.


No comments:

Post a Comment