Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 20 March 2019

New Sewing Plan

Hi Everyone
I’m sharing a new sewing plan today. This time it’s a little jacket, the Classic Jacket. The jacket arrived earlier this week with my monthly subscription of Love Sewing. The jacket samples in the magazine are made from woven fabrics, I’m planning to use a Jersey Denim. This Jersey fabric is the same fabric I’ve used for my recent Pinafore Dress (the one which has caused me a few issues recently - read back yesterday for more on that story).

                   

I do love a little jacket for the Spring/Summer, especially a Denim jacket. I’m hoping I can make the Jersey Denim work. I’m fairly confident of this one. I’ve not looked in detail at the pattern but it’s the same designer - threadcount patterns - which I used for a remake of a skirt a few months ago. That particular pattern was brilliant and very easy to use, you can read about the details of that project  here.
Getting back to the Classic Jacket Pattern, the design is described as an unlined, fitted jacket with princess seams. There are waist darts at the back and a wide neckline collar. There’s an option for 3/4 sleeves and I think that’s what I’ll go for. I will need to acquire some buttons and extra thread but other than that, I’m good to go.
This is an extra little project which I have not planned into my sewing lists, however, I feel inspired to go with this one. I feel, at this stage, I can fit the Make into my schedule without too much trouble. My next priority project was to be more pyjamas ! I now have a dilemma. It’s a nice problem to have. I’ll let you know which project wins through. I’ll keep thinking for an hour or so before deciding.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment